Leaving Our Mark On The World
The mission of the Human Development and Family Studies Club is to “Leave Our Mark on the World” by:
- Volunteering in the community.
- Acting on behalf of the needs and rights of families and young children.
- Providing resources to assist with the transition between the role of student to the role of professional.
- Creating an awareness of early childhood development and education as a profession.
- Providing peer mentoring and networking opportunities with professionals in the field.
The club is committed to being involved in the community through various activities and services. Examples of these activities are assisting with community fundraisers, socializing with the elderly, providing crafts for grade-school children, volunteering for homeless shelters, and raising money and items to benefit those in need.
The club meets its members’ needs by incorporating suggestions of the whole. Participating in activities allows members to apply what they have learned about human development and family services to real-life situations.
The Human Development and Family Studies Club abides by and supports established Iowa State University policies and state and federal laws.
HDFS Club 2018
Time: 7 - 8 p.m. in 1009 LeBaron Hall.
January 23, February 20, March 20, April 17
Dues: $10/semester OR $20/year
(Includes button, food at meetings, supplies for activities, etc.)
Contact one of our officers:
President: Haley Appel
Vice-President: Taylor Johnston
Treasurer: Chelsey Tinken
Get involved in the Ames, Iowa State and surrounding communities by helping others through social service activities.