The mission of this program is to prepare graduates to work with diverse groups of young children, families, and communities in a global society. Early childcare education and programming (E C P) is a bachelor of science, online undergraduate program provided by seven universities working in collaboration on The Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GP-IDEA) Program.
This online undergraduate program does not lead to a state of Iowa license allowing you to teach children from birth through third grade. If you are looking for licensure, learn about the on-campus early childhood education major.
Graduates of the early childcare education and programming major are qualified to work in a variety of programs that offer early care and education in the community and on military installations. They are also able to pursue further education options in graduate programs.
Prepare for your next job with Career Services, where staff help you with job searches, interview preparation, and resume/cover letter reviews.
- Apply for admission to Iowa State as a transfer or first-time freshman student
- Apply to the program and meet minimum requirements;
- Completion of a minimum of 30 credits
- A minimum GPA of 2.5
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Completion of Lifespan and Development (HDFS 102 at ISU)